Friday, April 25, 2014

Splish splash!

Whatever is going on with my seven year old is turning my hair gray really fast! She was always so loving and easygoing and such a good listener.......
Now? I don't know who this kid is!
She tells me sometimes, after her little fits when she's crying and cuddling me, she says "I don't want to grow up, Mommy. Growing up makes you bad."
Hmmmph.
With an older sister and two older brothers whatever gave her that impression?!
I keep telling her its the choices you make. Not that her older siblings are'bad', they just like to disagree, argue, and do what they want.
Back to the point of my blog: what she said to me when I wanted her to have a bath or shower - "You are the meanest Mommy in the universe."
Should I be offended?
Nah. She's seven. I know she still loves me.
But it got my brain working and I totally thought of a cute picture book. I can totally see the pictures in my head!
Here's the rough draft. I know it still needs some work, a lot of tweaking, but seriously, where we get our ideas for stories..........



SPLISH SPLASH I WAS TAKING A BATH

Baths are for babies, oh so small.                              
Look at this tub, it’s not for me at all.                     

Time to bath and lather in suds.
Don’t splash and make waves or cause any floods.

A little dirt never hurt.                                                   
I know, I’m the dirt expert.                                         

It’s time to jump in the tub.
 Do the scrub-a-dub-dub.

I am a princess so regal                                                  
And baths are illegal.                                                      

By order of the Queen:
All princesses must be clean.

I’ll fly in the air high above the stars.                       
All the way to far off Mars!                          

Even aliens get washed
They zap the grime and bugs get squashed.

Mirror mirror on the wall.                                 
Who is the fairest of them all? 

Not the one to appear                                       or   You are looking so shabby.
She is much too dirty I fear.                         Please don’t be crabby.

You are the meanest mommy in the universe.   
To make me get washed – what could be worse? 

It’s time – I mean now to get out of your shell.
You reek to high heavens and I can’t stand your smell.

I’m not a mermaid or fish.                                                            
Maybe I can make the water vanish.
                                    
Fish and dolphins and whales,
And even mermaids wash their tails.
If I get lost in the bubbles that bubble and bubble            
For three years I’ll be lost and in so much trouble.            

Wash your worries away
Only clean shining girls can stay.

In the bath I must soak?                                                                               
Well like a frog I will croak!                                                           

If the soap is not wet
You are not finished yet.

I can swim like a fish. Like a porpoise I swim.      
I jump and I dive and I splash on a whim.              

 Don’t forget to wash your ears and your bellybutton
Or between your toes, just for fun!



If you want to know how much I love you
Count the waves in the sea so blue.


SPLISH SPLASH I WAS TAKING A BATH



See lots of work left but oh the pictures in my head!
What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment