Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas vacation over!

Christmas vacation is over. Kids will be in school again on Monday.
I've had a few health scares - not my own, but my father's, but hopefully they are over for now. I know to expect a few more anyway. Hopefully this time next year all the scares will be done with!

Relaxing vacation? NOT!
Not by a long shot! Late nights wrapping presents. Shopping the week before Christmas. Baking for bake sales for school. There's more but I'm sure you're tired of hearing me yawn!

Christmas was great. I started putting the kids' gifts out at probably 12:30 or 1 AM, because my 3 youngest - never mind the oldest! - finally settled and went to sleep around 11. I had a nightmare that I fell asleep on the couch and woke up the next morning ..... well, you get the picture.

Anyway, my 7-year old woke up at around 1:30. I hustled her back to bed, told her I was putting my presents out so Santa didn't even get there yet.And he wouldn't until I was asleep, so get back to bed! Hubby took her so I could watch the hallway for anyone else to wake up. I am so paranoid....My eyes were probably as big as saucers, any sound and I would stop what I was doing. I love the surprise on Christmas morning!

That put me behind because I wouldn't/couldn't do anymore until I knew she was absolutely sound asleep! Around 3:30 I finished and crawled into bed.By the way, that's a record for me, being finished that early. Another record - the kids didn't wake us up until after 6! Crazy right!

But it was a good Christmas. Can't wait til the next, but I so want to be organized and finished shopping before December, baking done. Hah. Won't happen, but I can dream.

And dream about finishing Zapped! I'm getting there. Another round of edits done. I'm doing some changes in a character this time, and then it should be ready! Good thing because I've got another idea for a book - adult this time! - that's really bugging me to start.

But I can't until I finish Zapped. And D is for Drop Dead Arthur, the fourth in my Arthur and Zita series. But I will be working on an outline before that. Actually, that might be happening soon.

But first - Zapped. My goal is to get that done!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year too!

I plan on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment